Welcome to Sun Valley Fibers' 8th Annual January Thaw Retreat --
The dates are: Thursday morning through Sunday morning, January 21st-24th, 2021
There is an option to arrive on Wednesday afternoon, January 20th. Use that option if you are taking a class Thursday morning. =)
I will communicate with attendees the room rate code when that becomes available. Once again we are staying at the wonderful:
Hilton Garden Inn, Middleton/Madison West, Wisconsin
1801 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
Registration for the retreat is $180. You must make your room reservations separately.
You may only purchase one registration. Each guest must purchase their own registration for the retreat.
Registration for the retreat includes:
- A most fabulous Swag bag with some items only available for retreat attendees and not for sale in the shop!
- Shopping Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- A Fashion Show Friday evening.
- Friday evening Q & A with our teachers
- Access to our room block and our discounted room rates.
- There will be refreshments available -- coffee, water and tea -- in the afternoons. There will be some special treats available Friday and Saturday afternoons. There is a cash bar in the hotel lobby if you so desire!
- Marie and Amy will each be teaching 6 classes, two on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Registered attendees will choose their own class and purchase it with a coupon code. Please know that class sizes are limited.
- Class information will go out in late August.
- We will continue our tradition of a Thursday evening Stitch Marker swap. You don't have to get fancy, but some folks come up with beautiful (and I mean beautiful) stitch markers!!
- We will have a fashion show Friday evening -- We had SO MUCH FUN seeing what gorgeous garments you've knit up with our stunning yarn! Everyone is so inspiring!
The retreat is limited in size to 120 attendees.
I generally tell attendees to feel free to make reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn in Middleton/West Madison now - But because the hotel is so limited on staff at the moment I'm going to ask you to hold off on that. Our room block is going to be held for us -- so no worries!
Meals will be on your own, and I will provide information about all of the wonderful restaurants in the area. Our location is right smack dab in the middle of Greenway Station and you will have many restaurants to choose from for lunch and dinner. The Hilton Garden Inn has a spectacular breakfast buffet/omelet station and there are so many great restaurants in walking distance or a short drive away. I've been told that a restaurant will be in place at the Hotel before January -- I will keep you informed!
If you haven't already joined our Sun Valley Fibers January Thaw Retreat group on Ravelry, I suggest you do so, because that is the place information will be shared and updated regularly -- and the place for you to get a roommate (if you need one) and meet fellow attendees before the event.
George and I are looking forward to another fun event -- see you soon!
Refund Policy and Cancelation Information:
I will try to answer a few potential questions here. COVID-19 is making some things a bit uncertain -- however we still need to live some sort of normalcy and plan to have some fun!
If an Attendee cancels attendance to the event before October 30th, 2020, SVF will refund 50% of the retreat fee. ($90) After October 30th, an attendee canceling attendance will not receive a refund of any amount. Please understand that your retreat spot is nontransferable . The spot will be offered to the next person on the waitlist.
If Sun Valley Fibers needs to cancel the retreat because of matters beyond our control (Covid-19 for example) a refund will be issued in the amount of $130. There is a non-refundable deposit of $50 associated with the retreat to cover any unforeseen expenses associated with a potential cancelation. If circumstances make it possible to issue more of a refund, we absolutely will do that and make things right.
If you would like to be put on the waitlist, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.