This retreat spot is reserved for Marianne A. Please do not purchase it unless you are the intended recipient. Thank you!
Welcome to Sun Valley Fibers' 9th Annual Fall Fiber Frolic Retreat -- WOW -- we can't believe this is the 9th one!!
We're are happy to be planning another fun retreat -- and the second one at our new time in the fall! The dates for the retreat are Wednesday, November 9 we set up the space and folks begin to arrive for classes and festivities starting Thursday, November 10 through Saturday evening, November 12.
The retreat will be limited to 115 attendees, and class sizes limited to 14 people Class info is still in the works, but we are excited to welcome Lisa Ross (PaperDaisy Creations) and Stephanie Lotven (Tellybean Knits) to join us this year. Woot woot!
The dates are: Thursday morning through Sunday morning, November 10-12-, 2022
There is an option to arrive on Wednesday afternoon, November 9th. Use that option if you are taking a class Thursday morning. =)
I won’t have class info out until later — and this year classes are not included in the retreat fee. The additional fee will be $45 for a 3 hour class.
We do have room rates for King and double Queen beds — it's $98 a night for either kind of room. You can reserve your room at the Hilton Garden Inn using the code SVF22 at the time you are reserving it online, or you can call them as well. The hotel address is below:
Hilton Garden Inn, Middleton/Madison West, Wisconsin
1801 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
Registration for the retreat is $200. You must make your room reservations separately.
You may only purchase one registration. Each guest must purchase their own registration for the retreat.
Registration for the retreat includes:
- A most fabulous Swag bag worth over $100 with some items only available for retreat attendees and not for sale in the shop!
- Shopping Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- A Fashion Show Friday evening. Always such fun and so inspiring!
- Access to our room block and our discounted room rates.
- There will be refreshments available -- coffee, water and tea -- in the afternoons. There will be some special treats available Friday and Saturday afternoons. There is a cash bar in the hotel lobby if you so desire!
- Stephanie will be teaching classes in the mornings on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Lisa will be teaching classes in the afternoons on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Please know that class sizes are limited.
- Class information will go out this summer -- =).
- Best of all -- a chance to hang out with old friends and make new friends, some downtime and some "you" time before the crazy holiday season!
The retreat is limited in size to 115 attendees.
Meals will be on your own, and I will provide information about all of the wonderful restaurants in the area. Our location is right smack dab in the middle of Greenway Station and you will have many restaurants to choose from for lunch and dinner. The Hilton Garden Inn has a spectacular breakfast buffet/omelet station and there are so many great restaurants in walking distance or a short drive away.
If you haven't already joined our Sun Valley Fibers January Thaw Retreat group on Ravelry, I suggest you do so, because that is the place information will be shared and updated regularly -- and the place for you to get a roommate (if you need one) and meet fellow attendees before the event.
George and I are looking forward to another fun event -- see you soon!
Refund Policy and Cancelation Information:
I will try to answer a few potential questions here.
If an Attendee cancels attendance to the event before September 30th, 2021, SVF will refund 50% of the retreat fee. ($100) After September 30th, an attendee canceling attendance will not receive a refund of any amount. Please understand that your retreat spot is nontransferable . The spot will be offered to the next person on the waitlist.
If Sun Valley Fibers needs to cancel the retreat because of matters beyond our control (Covid-19 for example) a refund will be issued in the amount of $150. There is a non-refundable deposit of $50 associated with the retreat to cover any unforeseen expenses associated with a potential cancelation. If circumstances make it possible to issue more of a refund, we absolutely will do that and make things right.
Once the retreat sells out, if you would like to be put on the waitlist, please contact me at email@example.com.