|Expected release date is January 25, 2018|
Welcome to Sun Valley Fibers' 5th Annual January Thaw Retreat --
At this time the retreat is full -- I think that was record sell out time, people! George and I thank you very much for considering our retreat. We look forward to seeing you in January of 2018!
If you would like to be placed on the waiting list -- please just send me an email at email@example.com and put January Thaw Wait List as the subject -- the list will be on Ravlery in our January Thaw group. Thanks~!
The dates are: Thursday through Sunday morning, January 25th-28th, 2018
There is an option to arrive on Wednesday afternoon, January 24th. There are limited rooms available -- but the hotel can be contacted to add more (or ask me and I'll contact them as well) I'm going to wait to see what the class responses are -- we may be offering classes on Thursday all day as well. =)
Hilton Garden Inn, Middleton/Madison West, Wisconsin
1801 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
Registration for the retreat is $110.
You may only purchase one registration. Each guest must purchase their own registration.
Registration for the retreat includes:
- A most fabulous Swag bag with some items only available for retreat attendees and not for sale in the shop!
- Early shopping in the Sun Valley Fibers market on Thursday evening from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m.;
- Friday and Saturday shopping from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
- A Fashion Show Friday evening. KALs and CALs and Spin-a-long info to follow!
- Access to our room block and our discounted room rates.
- There will be refreshments available -- coffee, water and tea -- in the afternoons. There will be some special treats available Friday evening and Saturday evening. There is a cash bar in the hotel lobby if you so desire!
- Opportunity to attend classes with BRISTOL IVY!
- Bristol will be teaching at least 4 classes, two on Friday and two on Saturday. As stated above, we are still working out details.... Stay tuned!
- Registered attendees will have first dibs on signing up for the classes. Please know that class sizes will be limited to a total of 20 per class, and will be an additional fee.
- Class information will go out in late June. For now, know that the choices will be from the following:
- Knitting with Refinement
- Reading Your Knitting
- Knitting Outside the Box
- Finishing Techniques
- Intro to Brioche
- Brioche, The Next Level
- We will continue our tradition of a Thursday evening Stitch Marker swap. You don't have to get fancy, but some folks come up with beautiful (and I mean beautiful) stitch markers!!
- We will have a fashion show Friday evening --
- and we will wrap things up on Saturday with a fun swap -- fun, sometimes silly, always useful and very creative! -- NOT a white elephant exchange. =)
The retreat is limited in size to 120 attendees.
Feel free to make reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn in Middleton/West Madison now - Make sure you mention the Sun Valley Fibers January Thaw retreat or use the link from your email to be part of our room block and room rate. and when that hotel is full, there are several wonderful hotels in the area.
The Hilton Garden Room rates are as follows:
King bed - $94.00a night
2 Queen-size beds (four to a room) $104.00 a night The room link is in the email sent out to you -- otherwise call the hotel at 608-831-2220 and mention the Sun Valley Fibers January Thaw.
Meals will be on your own, and I will provide information about all of the wonderful restaurants in the area. Our location is right smack dab in the middle of Greenway Station and you will have many restaurants to choose from for lunch and dinner. The Hilton Garden Inn has a spectacular breakfast buffet/omlet station and there are so many great restaurants in walking distance or a short drive away.
If you haven't already joined our Sun Valley Fibers January Thaw Retreat group on Ravelry, I suggest you do so, because that is the place information will be shared and updated regularly -- and the place for you to get a roommate (if you need one) and meet fellow attendees before the event.
George and I are looking forward to another fun event -- see you soon!
Refund Policy: 50% refund if you need to cancel by October 30th, 2016. After that date, no refunds will be available. Your retreat spot is nontransferable. If you cannot attend, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.