Welcome to Sun Valley Fibers' 6th Annual January Thaw Retreat --
The dates are: Thursday morning through Sunday morning, January 24th-27th, 2019
There is an option to arrive on Wednesday afternoon, January 23rd. Use that option if you are taking a class Thursday morning. =) There are limited rooms available -- but the hotel can be contacted to add more (or ask me and I'll contact them as well) I'm going to wait to see what the class responses are -- we may be offering classes on Thursday all day as well. =)
Hilton Garden Inn, Middleton/Madison West, Wisconsin
1801 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
Registration for the retreat is $120.
You may only purchase one registration. Each guest must purchase their own registration.
Registration for the retreat includes:
- A most fabulous Swag bag with some items only available for retreat attendees and not for sale in the shop!
- Shopping Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- A Fashion Show Friday evening. KALs and CALs.
- Access to our room block and our discounted room rates.
- There will be refreshments available -- coffee, water and tea -- in the afternoons. There will be some special treats available Friday and Saturday afternoons. There is a cash bar in the hotel lobby if you so desire!
- Opportunity to attend classes with JC BRIAR!
- JC will be teaching 6 classes, two on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. As stated above, we are still working out details.... Stay tuned!
- Registered attendees will have first dibs on signing up for the classes. Please know that class sizes will be limited to a total of 18 per class, and will be an additional fee.
- Class information will go out in late June. I will need your help whittling down the choices -- which will be done later by survey responses.
- We will continue our tradition of a Thursday evening Stitch Marker swap. You don't have to get fancy, but some folks come up with beautiful (and I mean beautiful) stitch markers!!
- We will have a fashion show Friday evening --
- and we will wrap things up on Saturday with a fun swap -- fun, sometimes silly, always useful and very creative! -- NOT a white elephant exchange. =)
- We will have a surprise or two --
The retreat is limited in size to 120 attendees.
Feel free to make reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn in Middleton/West Madison now - Make sure you mention the Sun Valley Fibers January Thaw retreat or use the link from your email to be part of our room block and room rate. and when that hotel is full, there are several wonderful hotels in the area.
The Hilton Garden Room rates are as follows:
King bed - $96.00a night
2 Queen-size beds (four to a room) $106.00 a night The room link is in the email sent out to you -- otherwise call the hotel at 608-831-2220 and mention the Sun Valley Fibers January Thaw.
Meals will be on your own, and I will provide information about all of the wonderful restaurants in the area. Our location is right smack dab in the middle of Greenway Station and you will have many restaurants to choose from for lunch and dinner. The Hilton Garden Inn has a spectacular breakfast buffet/omlet station and there are so many great restaurants in walking distance or a short drive away.
If you haven't already joined our Sun Valley Fibers January Thaw Retreat group on Ravelry, I suggest you do so, because that is the place information will be shared and updated regularly -- and the place for you to get a roommate (if you need one) and meet fellow attendees before the event.
George and I are looking forward to another fun event -- see you soon!
Refund Policy: 50% refund if you need to cancel by October 30th, 2018. After that date, no refunds will be available. Your retreat spot is nontransferable. If you cannot attend, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reviews Hide Reviews
Great retreat and fantastic hosts!
All the Goodies!
An amazing time as always. So many great new colors! Jeanette & George are so helpful
Enjoyable time touching all the SVF yarn!
I loved the retreat and loved my class with Bristol - my new BFF. I could not stay for the SWAP but based on last year's SWAP, I would like to mingle more with others. I did better this year sitting at other tables, but would still like to meet others.
This year’s January Thaw was a wonderful time. I would encourage any knitter to attend this retreat. It features a well known knitting designer and Sun Valley Fibers. Sun Valley Fibers has wonderful, saturated, tonal colors. There are so many colors and bases to choose from. All levels and skills of knitters will find something of Interest. And lifelong knitting friendships are likely to be formed. You will not be disappointed!!
Love this event! Jeanette and George attract the nicest people. Always fun to knit and chat with this group. The 2018 teacher, Bristol Ivy, was amazing.