Welcome to Sun Valley Fibers' 7th Annual January Thaw Retreat --
The dates are: Thursday morning through Sunday morning, January 23rd-26th, 2020
There is an option to arrive on Wednesday afternoon, January 22nd. Use that option if you are taking a class Thursday morning. =) There are limited rooms available -- but the hotel can be contacted to add more (or ask me and I'll contact them as well)
Hilton Garden Inn, Middleton/Madison West, Wisconsin
1801 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
Registration for the retreat is $170. You must make your room reservations separately. Call the hotel, or use code: SUNVLY
You may only purchase one registration. Each guest must purchase their own registration.
Registration for the retreat includes:
- A most fabulous Swag bag with some items only available for retreat attendees and not for sale in the shop!
- Shopping Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- A Fashion Show Friday evening.
- Kate Atherley "lecture" Friday evening
- Access to our room block and our discounted room rates.
- There will be refreshments available -- coffee, water and tea -- in the afternoons. There will be some special treats available Friday and Saturday afternoons. There is a cash bar in the hotel lobby if you so desire!
- Opportunity to attend classes with Kate Atherley or Susan B. Anderson!
- Kate will be teaching 6 classes, two on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
- Susan will be teaching 4 classes, two on Friday and two on Saturday.
- Registered attendees will choose their own class and purchase it with a coupon code. Please know that class sizes are limited.
- Class information will go out in late June.
- We will continue our tradition of a Thursday evening Stitch Marker swap. You don't have to get fancy, but some folks come up with beautiful (and I mean beautiful) stitch markers!!
- We will have a fashion show Friday evening -- We had SO MUCH FUN seeing what gorgeous garments you've knit up with our stunning yarn! Everyone is so inspiring!
- The Saturday swap is no more! We went out with a bang last year, and it was a great run. We may have a drinking vessel swap on Thursday evening if there's interest. Time will tell!
The retreat is limited in size to 120 attendees.
Feel free to make reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn in Middleton/West Madison now - Make sure you mention the Sun Valley Fibers January Thaw retreat or use the link from your email to be part of our room block and room rate. and when that hotel is full, there are several wonderful hotels in the area.
The Hilton Garden Room rates are as follows:
King bed - $96.00 a night
2 Queen-size beds (four to a room) $106.00 a night The room link is in the email sent out to you -- otherwise call the hotel at 608-831-2220 and mention the Sun Valley Fibers January Thaw.
Meals will be on your own, and I will provide information about all of the wonderful restaurants in the area. Our location is right smack dab in the middle of Greenway Station and you will have many restaurants to choose from for lunch and dinner. The Hilton Garden Inn has a spectacular breakfast buffet/omlet station and there are so many great restaurants in walking distance or a short drive away. I've been told that a restaurant will be in place at the Hotel before January -- I will keep you informed!
If you haven't already joined our Sun Valley Fibers January Thaw Retreat group on Ravelry, I suggest you do so, because that is the place information will be shared and updated regularly -- and the place for you to get a roommate (if you need one) and meet fellow attendees before the event.
George and I are looking forward to another fun event -- see you soon!
Refund Policy: 50% refund if you need to cancel by October 30th, 2019. After that date, no refunds will be available. Your retreat spot is nontransferable. If you do have to cancel, your goody bag will not be shipped to you. You can make arrangements to pick it up at a later date in person.
If you cannot attend, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.